Hello everyone, it has been a busy week as I continue to work in my normal day job as a medical massage therapist. I am also busy working to establish myself with my own massage business.
With this post I would like to pass along information regarding the benefits of massage.
1. Massage can Reduce stress – The longterm effects of stress can take an emotional and physical toll on the body. Massage may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as headaches as well as body aches and pains.
2. Improve your sleep quality – Research indicates that massage can improve sleep in those with lower back pain, fibromaylgia, insomnia, pain and other health conditions.
3. Boost mental health and wellness – Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression; all associated with mental health, may be positivley affected with massage therapy.
4. Pain Management – Pain can have negative affects on a person’s quality of life and slow recovery from illness and injury. Research shows massage can help low-back pain, headaches, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and ther ailments.
5. Increase your range of motion – Athletes, professional and amateur alike can benefit from massage therapy. Massage can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
If you are interested in receiving massage for relaxation or for therapy, always verify that you are being treated by a qualified massage therapist licensed in your state. Ask your therapist about their experience and training. You can check reviews and if you have questions, ask.
That is all for this post, I hope it provides information that you find useful.